Ahoy Mateys! Join the Palos Verdes Peninsula High School Drama department as they present the Tony-winning play Peter and the Starcatcher. This adaption based on the wildly popular novels by Dave Barry and Ridley Pearson gives a new twist to the Peter Pan story.
The play was conceived for the stage by directors, Roger Rees and Alex Timbers, and written by Rick Elice, with music by Wayne Barker. From marauding pirates and jungle tyrants to unwilling comrades and unlikely heroes, Peter and the Starcatcherplayfully explores the depths of greed and despair... and the bonds of friendship, duty and love.
A young orphan and his mates are shipped off from Victorian England to a distant island ruled by the evil King Zarboff. They know nothing of the mysterious trunk in the captain’s cabin, which contains a precious, otherworldly cargo. At sea, the boys are discovered by a precocious young girl named Molly, a Starcatcher-in-training who realizes that the trunk’s precious cargo is starstuff, a celestial substance so powerful that it must never fall into the wrong hands. When the ship is taken over by pirates – led by the fearsome Black Stache, a villain determined to claim the trunk and its treasure for his own – the journey quickly becomes a thrilling adventure.
Purchase tickets through Vendini, by emailing email@example.com or buy them at the student store during business hours or at the box office (cash/check only) one hour before each performance.
For more information, visit peninsuladrama.com.
- Occurs Friday, October 4th, 2019 @ 7:00 pm – 9:00 pm
- Occurs Saturday, October 5th, 2019 @ 2:00 pm – 4:00 pm
- Occurs Saturday, October 5th, 2019 @ 7:00 pm – 9:00 pm
- Occurs Friday, October 11th, 2019 @ 3:30 pm – 5:30 pm
- Occurs Saturday, October 12th, 2019 @ 2:00 pm – 4:00 pm
- Occurs Saturday, October 12th, 2019 @ 7:00 pm – 9:00 pm
- Occurs Sunday, October 13th, 2019 @ 2:00 pm – 4:00 pm