Teams from the Palos Verdes Unified School District recently competed in the Los Angeles County Math Field Day and took home several medals. The competition at Azusa Pacific University April 29 brought together 488 competitors in 122 teams from 33 districts or charter schools, and the events included problem solving, conceptual understanding and Individual Procedural Skills, a press release said.
Team members included:
• Fourth grade: Ava Park, Mason Shu, Navraj Singh and Annie So.
• Fifth grade: Paul Martin, Matthew Nguyen, Harley Qiu and Leia Spagnola.
• Sisth grade: Bruce Chen, Jeremy Kim, Jacob Lee and Audrey Lu.
• Seventh grade: Taejun Lee, David Maemoto, Kai Shimada and Jinhee Won.
• Eight grade: Aaron Guo, Curtis Liu, Abbie Maemoto and Andrew Sinsioco.
The teams won a total of five gold medals, five silver medals, one bronze medal and four of the prestigious Top Three Sweepstakes trophies, the release said.