It’s the home stretch for the March 5 municipal election and residents—who haven’t already sent in their mail-in ballot—will head out to the polls to cast their ballots.
In Palos Verdes Estates, residents will elect three city council members among six candidates—two incumbents and four challengers vying for their spots.
Here’s a rundown of your options for Palos Verdes Estate City Council, who squared off at a candidate's forum sponsored by the League of Women Voters Feb. 11.
- David McGowan: McGowan serves on the City of Palos Verdes Estates Financial Advisory Committee. He has worked in financial analysis and course corrections for the legal community, corporations and government entities.
- Victoria A. Lozzi: Lozzi is the current city treasurer of Palos Verdes Estates. She has 30 years of corporate banking experience.
- Kevin F. McCarthy: McCarthy has lived in Palos Verdes Estates for 21 years. He’s serving a second term on the PVE Traffic Safety Committee and has worked for the Los Angeles Police Department for 38 years
- Michael Kemps: Kemps grew up in the Peninsula. He has lead a technology solutions business for thirty years as founder and CEO. He’s also participated on the advisory board of a community bank and has coordinated multiple home and business remodel and construction projects.
- No longer running but still listed on the ballot is Jeff Groves, president at Complianceworks, a local financial consultant firm.
- Betty Lin Peterson: Peterson is the current Mayor of Palos Verdes Estates. She has experience in marketing, counseling, business management, construction management and real estate.
- Jennifer King: King is currently serving her first term on the City Council. She previously served on the Planning Commission and as Chair of the Parklands Committee. She has been a member of the Board of Trustees of the Peninsula Education Foundation and the President of the Board of Directors of the YWCA of the Harbor Area and South Bay.”