Palos Verdes Estates and Miraleste students can now apply for a scholarship from the Palos Verdes Homes Association.

The Harry M. Brandel Jr. scholarship is for college and college-bound students who are majoring in or plan to major in architecture, landscape architecture, historic preservation, civil engineering, land use planning or fine arts.

Applicants must submit their most recent transcripts, verification of SAT and or ACT scores, two letters of recommendation submitted in sealed envelopes on official letterhead, a portfolio or photos of projects (if applicable), a personal photo and a personal essay. The essay must be typed and 250 words about their career goals and plans to achieve them, community activities, why a Brandel Scholarship should be awarded to them and anticipated expenses per year.

Applications are available online at, at the Palos Verdes Homes Association office, and at many of the local high school and college career centers. Applications must be postmarked by April 2.

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.